The Friends of Watsonville Park and Community Services and the City of Watsonville are requesting nominations for their 21st Annual Cesar E. Chavez Community Awards.
This event will recognize individuals, organizations and businesses who engage Watsonville youth and empower them to help contribute to their community.
The free online event will be held at 6:30pm on March 30.
Nominations will be accepted until March 22 at 5pm by email, mail or online. All information regarding nominations can be found on the digital nomination form at bit.ly/3kGPuRO.
Raymon Cancino, chief executive officer of Community Bridges, will be the keynote speaker for this year’s event. The evening will also include a welcome by Mayor Eduardo Montesino.
This year’s event theme is “Celebrating Community,” one of 10 values recognized by the Cesar Chavez Foundation. It values the “sharing of joyous and respectful expression of cultural diversity through the reinforcement of the values of equity and responsibility to and for one another.”
Nominations are accepted in these categories:
• Young Person (Age 22 or under)
• Adult Role Model
• Youth-Serving Organization
A selection committee will review the nominations and select the award recipients based on the following criteria:
• The extent to which the nominee’s work reflects the value of developing positive youth leaders.
• Impact of the nominee’s work and how it has contributed to youth leadership development.
• The extent that the work performed has impacted Watsonville youth.
For information, email [email protected]