SANTA CRUZ COUNTY — Four Watsonville businesses will join 19 others across the county in receiving Green Business Certificates.
The businesses will receive the certificates at the Dec. 12 Board of Supervisors meeting.
The Green Business Program is a certification program designed to encourage businesses to meet and exceed environmental standards while conserving natural resources. These businesses have voluntarily reduced water consumption, increased energy efficiency, reduced solid waste, and have exceeded regulatory requirements by implementing pollution prevention practices in their businesses.
“These establishments represent the leading environmental stewards among Santa Cruz County businesses,” Santa Cruz County Public Works Director John Presleigh said, whose department administers the awards. “They are to be commended for going above and beyond to protect our environment and maintain Santa Cruz County’s position as a nationwide champion for preserving our natural resources.”
The Santa Cruz County Green Business Program is a leading member of the California Green Business Network, which includes program coordinators from different counties and cities throughout the state. More than 3,800 certified green businesses are now recognized statewide.
Green Business certificates will be awarded to the following Santa Cruz County businesses:
• ABC Daycare — Watsonville
• Airport Automotive — Watsonville
• Fruteria Quetzal — Watsonville
• Goodwood Products from Summit Views LLC — Watsonville
• Palo Alto Medical Foundation — Santa Cruz/Aptos
• California Orthopedic and Sports Therapy Rehab — Aptos
• AdManor, Inc. — Aptos
• Let’s Put a Bird on It — Capitola
• CalNonprofits Insurance Service — Capitola
• Baetge Homespace — Capitola
• Capitola Self Storage — Capitola
• Sotola Bar and Grill — Capitola
• Ocean Champions — Capitola
• Capitola-Soquel Chamber of Commerce — Capitola
• Soquel Creek Water District — Soquel
• Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office — Santa Cruz
• Santa Cruz Waldorf School — Santa Cruz
• Pacific Elementary School — Davenport
• Benedict DDS & Associates — Scotts Valley
The Green Business Certificate awardees will be honored shortly after 10:45 a.m. on Dec. 12 in the Board of Supervisors’ Chambers, 701 Ocean St., fifth floor, Santa Cruz. A brief reception will follow the ceremony.
For information on the Green Business Program and how to become a certified Green Business, contact Sheila Peck, Santa Cruz County Green Business coordinator, at 454-3976.