SANTA CRUZ COUNTY—The Santa Cruz County Office of Education recently announced the county’s Educator of the Year awards.
The awards recognize educators and staff who have gone above and beyond in their commitment to students, education and the community. Santa Cruz County Superintendent of Schools Faris Sabbah honored the award recipients during the County Board of Education meeting on May 19.
The 2021-2022 honorees are as follows:
- Teacher of the Year: Janet Stahl, San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School, San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District
- Classified Employee of the Year: Patty Freedman, Alternative Education, Santa Cruz County Office of Education
- Counselor of the Year: Daisy Nuñez, Watsonville High School, Pajaro Valley Unified School District
- Administrator of the Year: Dr. Jessica Kiernan, Assistant Superintendent, Soquel Union Elementary School District
- Community Partner of the Year: Santa Cruz Public Libraries: Heather Norquist, Youth Programs and Services Manager
To learn more visit santacruzcoe.org.