Hudson Cortez and Pablo Moran each hit a pair of doubles in the Rays 15-12 Pajaro Valley Little League Majors win over the Astros on Saturday.
Moran also had a single, two RBIs and three runs. Matthew Gonzales hit a triple and Reis Vasconcellos had two RBIs.
For the Astros, Albert Martinez hit a double and had three RBIs.
• Padres 11, Athletics 1 – The Padres beat the Athletics 11-1 on Saturday in Pajaro Valley Little League Majors action.
Isaac Garcia scored three runs, Gio Aguirre hit a single and a double and Arath Fernandez had two RBIs.
• Cubs 15, Braves 5 – The Cubs made quick work of the Braves on Saturday with a 15-5 Pajaro Valley Little League Majors victory.
Isaac Chavez hit a pair of singles and scored three runs. Colin Hirahara had a single and a double. Nate Bagchee also had a double.
Nathaniel Arreola had a hit and scored one run.
• Giants 17, Astros 0 – The Giants started their Pajaro Valley Little League Majors campaign with a resounding 17-0 win over the Astros on Monday.
Jacob Vitela, Noah Moon, Steven LaGrange, Joseph Rose, Devon Tipton and Lucky McHenry each had two singles for the Giants. Moon added a double, LaGrange scored three runs and Tipton hit a triple.
Robert Caput scored three runs.
For the Astros, Jason Naranjo and Nico Felix each had a hit.
• Athletics 12, Braves 8 – Zack Sandoval, Jackson Miller and Joel Mendoza each recorded two singles in the Athletics 12-8 Pajaro Valley Little League Majors win on Tuesday.
Nicolas Teixeira and Adam Hernandez each hit doubles for the Braves.
• Padres 18, Giants 1 – The Padres picked up their second Pajaro Valley Little League Majors win of the season on Wednesday, beating the Giants, 18-1.
Tobias Perkowski hit a pair of doubles, scored three runs and drove in two. Gio Aguirre had a single, a triple and three scored runs. Isaac Urbina doubled and had two RBIs. Trey Silva scored three times. Reece Hamalainen hit a triple and Arath Fernandez had two singles.
• Yankees 11, Cardinals 6 – Nathaniel Aguilar hit two singles and had two RBIs in the Yankees 11-6 win over the Cardinals on Monday in AAA Minors action.
Robert Gomez hit a pair of doubles.
Ben Miller singled and scored twice for the Cards.
• Orioles 11, Pirates 7 – Rodrigo Barranco and Sol Flores both a double in the Orioles 11-7 win over the Pirates on Tuesday in AAA Minors action.
Ben Duarte had two singles and Flores also singled.
Karissa Navarrette had a pair of singles for the Pirates.
• Red Sox 3, Mets 3 – The Red Sox and the Mets played to a 3-3 tie on Wednesday in AAA Minors play.
Marcus Gonzales hit a triple for the Sox.
Gonzales, Diego Mejia and Jesse Navarro combined to not hit the Mets over five innings.
For the Mets, Mason Borrego, Jacob Jimenez and Jose Silva each scored.
For the complete article see the 03-18-2017 issue.