The Braves bounced back from their opening loss in the Pajaro Valley Little League Majors playoff in a big way on Tuesday, riding a 12-run second inning outburst in their 15-2 four-inning win over the Athletics.
Jesse Navarro hit a two-run double and Zander Miller-Brown hit a bases-clearing triple for the Braves.
Colin Hirahara smashed a two-run homer for the Athletics.
• Padres 11, Cubs 1 – The Padres rolled to a PVLL Majors win via the 10-run rule on Saturday.
The Padres broke loose with a five-hit, six-run outburst in the home third.
Tobias Perkowski started things off with a double, while later in the inning Adrian Leon knocked in two more with a single.
The Padres closed the game with two more in the fifth. Adrian Leon’s third RBI of the game, on a single, ended it.
• Angels 4, Braves 1 – The Angels edged the Braves in PVLL Majors playoffs on Saturday.
The Angels took the lead in the second inning with two unearned runs, and never looked back. They picked up some breathing room when consecutive singles by Zac Sandoval, Rudy Valdez and Trey Silva sparked a rally.
Zander Miller-Brown scored the Braves’ lone run.
• Padres 10, Athletics 0 – Reece Hamalainen tossed a four-inning shutout to pace the Padres to a mercy-rule win over the As on May 17.
Brody Legions clubbed a three-run homer, and Zander and Patrick Miller-Brown smacked RBI doubles for the Padres.
• Braves 8, Giants 7 – The Braves edged the Giants in the opening game of the PVLL Majors playoffs on May 16.
• Cardinals 16, Orioles 11 – The Cardinals held off a late Orioles rally to win Tuesday’s PVLL AAA Minors win playoff game.
• Red Sox 15, Pirates 4 – A two-run single from Jacob Jimenez sparked a five-run Red Sox first inning, propelling the team to a PVLL AAA Minors playoff win on Saturday.
Jimenez clinched the four-inning win with a base-clearing triple.
• Mariners 9, Orioles 1 – Brian Acosta-Romero tossed a four-hit, 10-strikeout performance to lead the Mariners past the Orioles in PVLL AAA Minors playoff action on Saturday.
• Pirates 9, Cardinals 7 – The Pirates erased a pair of deficits in their PVLL AAA Minors playoff win on May 17.
• Mariners 10, Yankees 4 – After two scoreless innings, the Mariners used a four-run third as a springboard to their PVLL AAA Minors playoff victory on May 16.
Diego Mejia’s three-run double broke the game open.
Max Stanley knocked in three runs for the Yanks with a bases clearing double.