Cassidy Schurman, Mattea Romo and Kate Watts combined for 30 kills in a 25-19, 25-18, 26-24 sweep of Notre Dame-Salinas on Tuesday in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division action.
M.V.C. (9-8, 5-2) hosts Alisal High on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Aptos 3, Scotts Valley 0 – All 14 players saw the court for the Aptos High Mariners in a 25-7, 25-12, 25-17 sweep of the Scotts Valley High Falcons on Tuesday night in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League play.
As a team, the Mariners totaled 33 digs, 31 kills and 13 aces.
Aptos (5-7, 5-2) welcomes in Santa Cruz High today at 6:30 p.m.
• Soquel 3, St. Francis 0 – The St. Francis High Sharks lost in a 25-18, 25-18, 25-16 sweep to the Soquel High Knights on Tuesday in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League action.
St. Francis (13-6, 1-5) travels to Harbor High today at 6:30 p.m.
• Harbor 3, Mt. Madonna 1 – Paola Jacobs had with 23 kills, 20 digs and two blocks and Indigo Kelly added 29 assists, 11 digs and three aces but the Mt. Madonna Hawks lost 26-24, 25-14, 19-25, 25-23 on Tuesday in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League play.
Gracie Howley finished with nine kills, 13 digs and five aces for Mt. Madonna (9-4, 4-3), which plays at Santa Cruz High on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Pajaro Valley 3, N.M.C. 0 – The Pajaro Valley High Grizzlies swept the North Monterey County High Condors, 25-9, 25-14, 25-10, on Tuesday night in Monterey Bay League Pacific division action.
Jaqui Lopez had 14 assists, nine aces and four kills. Samantha Valdivia chimed in with seven kills and three blocks.
MEN’S JC SOCCER
• Las Positas 1, Cabrillo 0 – Edi Magdaleno made three saves for the Cabrillo College Seahawks in Tuesday afternoon’s Coast Conference South division loss on Fry’s Field at Carl Conelly Stadium in Aptos.
Cabrillo (5-3-1, 1-2) travels to Evergreen Valley College on Friday at 4 p.m.
• Aptos 7, Soquel 0 – The Aptos High Mariners continued their domination of the Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League on Tuesday with shutout win over Soquel High.
Aptos (8-0, 6-0) begins it second round of SCCAL play today at home against Scotts Valley High at 3:30 p.m.
GIRL’S WATER POLO
• Aptos 6, Santa Cruz 5 – Maya Brosig scored the game-winning goal with 13 seconds left to play in the Aptos High Mariners’ Monterey Bay League Gabilan division victory over Santa Cruz High on Tuesday night.
Kristin Malone scored two goals and made two assists for Aptos (11-3, 6-1), which plays at Christopher High today at 7 p.m.
Skylar Poulos and Jordan Wagner each scored a goal and made an assist.