The Aptos Mariners boy’s track and field team had multiple double-winners in Thursday’s Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League dual meet in win over Harbor.
Danner Pardue raced to wins in the 100-meters (11.31 seconds) and 200 (23.16); Ethan Rasmussen was first in the discus (114 feet, 5 inches) and shot put (40-7); and Tal Williford won the high jump (5-0) and 110 hurdles (17.92).
Aptos won all but one of the 16 events.
• Watsonville 93, Seaside 40 – Watsonville’s Jesse Mandujano won the 110-meters (20.23 seconds) and 300 (49.54) hurdles in the Wildcatz Monterey Bay League Pacific division opening win over Seaside on Wednesday.
Pedro Alcantara was also a double-winner taking the shot put (40 feet, 8 inches) and discus (116-4).
Reyes Serrano (pole vault, 9-0), Marcus Fregoso (long jump, 19-1.25), Jose Villanueva (triple jump, 40-6) and Isaac Ruiz (3,200, 10:31.75) also won events for Watsonville.
• Seaside 80, Pajaro Valley 23 – Freshman Bernie Medina won the 110-meter (22.29 seconds) and the 300 (54.66) hurdles in Pajaro Valley’s Monterey Bay League Pacific division opening loss to Seaside on Wednesday.
GIRL’S TRACK AND FIELD
• Aptos 117, Harbor 9 – Marea Zlatunich and Brynn Mitchell were double-winners in the Aptos Mariners’ Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League dual meet win over Harbor on Thursday at Aptos.
Zlatunich won the 800-meters (2 minutes, 25.93 seconds) and the 3,200 (12:17.9).
Mitchell, a freshman, won the triple jump (33 feet, 8 inches) and the 300 hurdles (53.95), while also taking second in the 400.
Aptos won all 15 events.
• Watsonville 82, Seaside 42 – Watsonville’s Jackie Barocio won three events for the Wildcatz in their Monterey Bay League Pacific division win over Seaside on Wednesday.
Barocio won the triple jump (30 feet, 2 inches), long jump (14-2.5) and the high jump (4-2).
Daniela Salazar and Stephanie Villa were double-winners for Watsonville.
Salazar won the 400-meters (1 minute, 4.27 seconds) and the 800 (2:43.65). Villa took first in the 1,600 (6:11.51) and 3,200 (13:32).
• Pajaro Valley 72, Seaside 53 – Rubi Genis won the 800-meters (2 minutes, 54.76 seconds) and the high jump (4-4) in Pajaro Valley’s Monterey Bay League Pacific division victory over Seaside on Wednesday.
• MVC 13, Redwood Christian 3 – The Monte Vista Christian Mustangs made quick work of Redwood Christian on Thursday in a 13-3 non-league victory in San Lorenzo.
Gianni Vanni was 2-for-3 with three RBIs and Drew Barragan also had three RBIs. Marisa Angulo scored four runs, Mariah Gonzalez scored two.
MVC (6-4-1) opens up Monterey Bay League Pacific division play on Wednesday at North Monterey County at 4:30 p.m.
• Christopher 15, MVC 5 – Garret Laine hit a lead-off homer in the Monte Vista Christian Mustangs’ 15-5 loss to Christopher on Thursday in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division action.
Jackson Collins and Ian Koenig each hit a double.
• Alisal 4, Watsonville 3 – James Gomez Jr. and Gio Gonzales each hit an RBI single in Watsonville’s 4-3 Monterey Bay League Pacific division loss on Wednesday in Alisal.
Watsonville hosts Pajaro Valley on Monday at 7 p.m.
• Pajaro Valley 3, Watsonville 0 – Ruben Garcia had 14 kills, 23 assists and two aces to lead the Pajaro Valley Grizzlies over cross-city rival Watsonville, 26-24, 25-23, 25-16, on Thursday in Monterey Bay League Pacific division action.
Rafael Betancourt had 14 kills and nine digs and Geovanny Barajas added 11 kills, eight digs and eight assists.
• Mt. Madonna 3, Aptos 0 – The Mt. Madonna Hawks swept the Aptos Mariners 25-18, 25-18, 25-22 on Wednesday night in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League action at Aptos.
Brigg Busenhart (15) and Luca Peruzzi (14) combined for 29 kills and Zach Magner made 42 assists for Mt. Madonna, which plays at Harbor on Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m.
Kacey Losik had 11 kills and Jayson Guy added eight for Aptos. Michael Spinelli finished with 16 assists.
The Mariners play at San Lorenzo Valley on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Aptos 12, Pacific Grove 11 – Will Patterson had four goals and an assist, Jackson Carver made five assists and the Aptos Mariners scored three times in the fourth quarter to beat Pacific Grove 12-11 on Wednesday night.
Patrick Peoples scored three goals, while Lucas Junod and Matthew Quinn each had two.