Jackson Collins hit a grand slam and finished with six RBIs in Monte Vista Christian’s 13-3, five-inning win over Gilroy High on Monday in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division action.
Collins also hit a solo homer and finished 3-for-3 on the day. Garret Laine was 2-for-3 with a double and two RBIs.
Dylan McPhillips picked up the win on the mound after four innings of three-hit ball.
Monte Vista Christian hosts Palma today at 4 p.m.
• SLV 7, Aptos 4 – The Aptos High Mariners lost 7-4 to San Lorenzo Valley High on Monday in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League play.
Tate Stone-Hinds was 3-for-3 with two RBIs and one run for Aptos, which returns to league play on Friday at St. Francis at 4 p.m.
• Cabrillo 4, Canada 1 – Rex Gomez knocked in two runs, Brett de Geus allowed only four hits over seven innings on the mound and the Cabrillo College Seahawks beat Canada, 4-1, on Tuesday in Coast Conference South play.
Easton Vidales was 2-for-4 with two scored runs. Adam Rossit, Cooper Krug and Gomez hit doubles for Cabrillo (16-8, 5-0), which has won its last 10 games.
The Seahawks host Canada College today at 2:30 p.m.
• Pajaro Valley 3, Gilroy 0 – The Pajaro Valley High Grizzlies swept Gilroy High, 25-19, 28-26, 25-9, on Tuesday in Monterey Bay League Pacific division action.
Rafael Betancourt had 12 kills, three assists and two aces. Ruben Garcia made 21 assists and added nine kills.
Pajaro Valley hosts Alvarez today at 6:30 p.m.
• Aptos 19, Watsonville 7 – Lucas Junod scored five goals, Jack Hangerle added three and the Aptos High Mariners cruised by the Watsonville High Wildcatz 19-7 on Monday.
Will Patterson scored two goals and made two assists for Aptos, which had nine players score.
• Santa Cruz 138, Rio Grande Valley 125 – Jabari Brown poured in 36 points on 12-of-18 shooting to lead the Santa Cruz Warriors over the Rio Grande Valley Vipers 138-125 on Tuesday night at State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Tex.
James Southerland added 31 points for the Warriors (27-19), while Damian Jones, on assignment from the Golden State Warriors, notched a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds. LaDontae Henton contributed 17 points off the bench and Phil Pressey recorded a double-double with 13 points and 10 assists.
Santa Cruz continues its road trip tonight against the Austin Spurs at 5:30 p.m.