Watsonville’s Maximilian Ramirez IV fired a 3-over Par 39 at Eagle Ridge Golf Course in Gilroy to win medalist honors at the Wildcatz’s first Monterey Bay League Pacific division match of the season.
Watsonville will be back in action on March 15 at Del Monte Golf Course in Monterey.
• MVC 2, Scotts Valley 2 – The Monte Vista Christian Mustangs played to a 2-2 tie with Scotts Valley on Wednesday in non-league play. The game was called early because of darkness.
Giana Vanni pitched a complete game, striking out 12 batters in the circle. She also went 2-for-3 with two RBIs for the Mustangs (2-1-1), which play in the Watsonville tournament today.
• MVC 6, NS 1 – The Monte Vista Christian Mustangs nearly swept the North Salinas Vikings, winning 6-1 on Thursday afternoon in Watsonville.
Antonio Ruiz, Parker Hughes and Benji Hsu recorded wins in singles matches for the Mustangs.
• Aptos 5, MVC 2 – The Aptos Mariners beat the Monte Vista Christian Mustangs 5-2 in non-league play on Wednesday.
MVC’s Mitchell Markoff and Antonio Ruiz picked up wins in No. 1 and No. 2 singles, respectively, but Aptos won the remaining five matches. Monte de Castongrene won in No. 3 singles and Collin Robins won in No. 4 singles.
• Mt. Madonna 3, Monterey 0 – Brigg Bussenhart and Luca Peruzzi each had 10 kills in Mt. Madonna’s 25-13, 25-23, 25-13 non-league win over Monterey on Thursday night.
Zack Wagner made 37 assists for Mt. Madonna (2-2), which begins Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League play on Tuesday at home against Scotts Valley.
• Cabrillo 9, Chabot 7 – The Cabrillo College Seahawks piled up 14 hits in a 9-7 non-conference win over Chabot College on Thursday.
Easton Vidales went 2-for-3 with a double and three RBIs and one walk, Adam Rossit finished 3-for-5 with two doubles and two RBIs and Digger Gugale-Sanchez was 2-for-5 with two RBIs and a double. Clayton Andrews and Nick Ciandro also hit a double.
Tyler Biersdorff picked up the win for Cabrillo (8-8) after 1 and 1-3 innings of relief.
The Seahawks host College of San Mateo today at 1 p.m.
• Santa Cruz 115, Sioux Falls 98 – Phil Pressey recorded his third triple-double of the season and set the franchise record for assists in a game to power the Santa Cruz Warriors over the Sioux Falls Skyforce, 115-98, on Wednesday night at the Sanford Pentagon.
Pressey had 21 points, 15 rebounds and 19 assists, breaking the previous mark of 15 set by Aaron Craft in 2014.
The win moves the Warriors (21-17) within one game of Sioux Falls (23-17) for the No. 4 spot in the Western Conference playoff race.
James Southerland had a double-double with 26 points and 11 rebounds, while LaDontae Henton also went for a double-double off the bench with 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Warriors, who return home today for a 7 p.m. game against the Reno Bighorns.
Santa Cruz trailed by four at the half but outscored Sioux Falls 39-20 in the third quarter and never looked back.
• Aptos baseball field – Aptos High is hosting a second baseball field public-naming meeting on March 16 at the cafeteria at 6:30 p.m.