St. Francis High softball pounded out 17 hits in a 21-5 win over Santa Cruz High on Tuesday evening in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League action.
Anna Noto, Carlotta Ciandro and Maia Madrigal all collected three hits for St. Francis (3-5, 1-2), which hosts Aptos High today at 4 p.m.
Shelby Velasco allowed four hits and three walks, while striking out seven in the win.
Noto smashed a homer and had three RBIs.
Claire Cagnacci, Lena Ciandro, Madrigal and Ciandro all hit a double.
• Aptos 13, Harbor 1 – Ashley Del Colletti knocked in five runs on two hits, including a double, in Aptos’s SCCAL victory on Tuesday.
Shea Garcia was 3-for-4 with a double, four RBIs and a scored run, while Julia Cano struck out seven batters in the circle.
Aptos (4-5, 2-0) plays at St. Francis today at 4 p.m.
• MVC 3, Scotts Valley 1 – Riland Wagner had 20 kills and 15 assists to pace Monte Vista Christian in a 24-26, 25-15, 25-22, 25-11 win on Tuesday in non-league action.
J.P. Thrasher added 12 kills, 19 assists and six aces for M.V.C., which improved to 8-6 on the season and welcomes in San Benito High today at 6:30 p.m. in a return to Monterey Bay League Pacific division play.
• Monterey 3, PV 1 – The Pajaro Valley High Grizzlies dropped their MBL-Gabilan division match 25-17, 25-20, 22-25, 25-14 on Tuesday night.
Geovanny Barajas had 13 kill and six digs, Dennar Ocampo added 23 assists and four aces and Esteban Fernandez finished with eight points on block.
Pajaro Valley (11-13, 1-5) plays at Palma today at 6:30 p.m.
• Palma 4, MVC 2 – Garret Laine had hit and an RBI in Monte Vista Christian’s MBL-G loss to on Tuesday.
Tyler Keenan and Jason Bettencourt each scored for M.V.C. (7-10, 3-6), which travels to Palma High today at 4 p.m.
• Watsonville 9, NMC 4 – Gio Gonzalez struck out six batters on the mound and smacked a pair of doubles with the bat in Watsonville’s MBL-P win over North Monterey County on Monday night.
Jason Garza and Max Ramirez also hit a double in the win.
• Cabrillo 12, Hartnell 2 – Jake Keaschall was 3-for-4 with two doubles, three RBIs and two runs in Cabrillo College’s Coast Conference Pacific division romp over Hartnell College on Tuesday.
Digger Gugale went 2-for-2 with two RBIs and three scored runs.
Josh Rodriguez picked up the win after allowing only eight hits and three walks over eight innings.
Cabrillo (11-19, 4-6) play Hartnell in Salinas today at 2:30 p.m.
• Aptos wins 2 – Cole DeFrancesco and Johnny Staka both shot a 1-over par 35 in Aptos’s SCCAL victories over Santa Cruz (185-242) and Harbor (185-205) at DeLaveaga Golf Course.
Nick Gavasse and Adam MacDonald finished at 3-over par 38, while Jake Lanagan fired a 4-over par 39 to help Aptos complete its score.
The Mariners (10-0, 9-0) will try to continue their perfect season today at Seascape Golf Club against St. Francis and Santa Cruz at 3:30 p.m.