Pajaro Valley High alumnus Zack Davis recently signed his letter of intent to run cross country and track for NAIA Valley City State University in North Dakota.
Davis was a four-year varsity standout in cross country and track and field at Pajaro Valley, qualifying for the Central Coast Section meet multiple times in both sports.
Davis went on to run two seasons at Hartnell College in Salinas for the reiging CCCAA NorCal Champion Panthers.
• San Benito 5, MVC 2 – The Monte Vista Christian Mustangs lost 5-2 to the San Benito Haybalers on Tuesday in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division action in Hollister.
Dylan McPhillips tossed a complete-game, five-hitter but took the loss for the Mustangs (8-10, 4-9), who travel to Salinas High today at 4 p.m.
Ian Koenig was 2-for-3 with a double, while Tyler Clark and McPhillips each drove in a run.
• Watsonville 4, Seaside 1 – The Watsonville High Wildcatz won their sixth straight Monterey Bay League Pacific division game on Tuesday, beating Seaside High, 4-1.
Dylan Vargas picked up the win on the mound, tossing four innings and allowing a hit, a run and a walk while striking out eight.
JoJo Vargas doubled and scored a run for the Wildcatz. James Gomez Jr. scored a run and had an RBI.
• Harbor 8, Aptos 6 – David Reckers was 2-for-4 with two RBIs and a scored run in Aptos High’s 8-6 Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League loss to Harbor High on Tuesday.
Matt Perko was 2-for-3 with an RBI and a walk and Forrest Hays doubled, drove in a run and earned a walk.
Aptos (11-6-1, 3-4) plays at San Lorenzo Valley High on Friday at 4 p.m.
• MVC 4, NMC 3 (9 innings) – The Monte Vista Christian Mustangs edged the North Monterey County High Condors 4-3 in extra innings on Monday in Monterey Bay League Pacific division action.
Gianna Vanni picked up the win in the circle. She scattered eight hits and walked two while striking out eight.
Vanni was also 3-for-5 with double and an RBI. Mariah Gonzalez had double and two RBIs. Jessica Enriquez also doubled.
For North Monterey County, Michaela Galli was 2-for-5 with a double. Amber Duplissie went 2-for-4 with a double, an RBI and a scored run.
• Watsonville 3, ND-Salinas 1 – The Watsonville High Wildcatz suffered their second loss of the season on Tuesday, falling 3-1 to the Notre Dame-Salinas Spirits in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division play.
Zaira Pena hit a solo home run for Watsonville’s (18-2, 6-2) lone run of the game.
The ‘Catz will try to bounce back today at Gilroy High at 4:30 p.m.
• Soquel 10, St. Francis 9 – The St. Francis High Sharks lost 10-9 to the Soquel High Knights on Tuesday in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League action.
Lena Ciandro was 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles, three RBIs and three scored runs.
Ariana Azevedo was 2-for-2 with a double, three runs and an RBI. Anna Noto knocked in four runs and finished 2-for-4.
• Ohlone 3, Cabrillo 0 – The Cabrillo College Seahawks were shut out by Ohlone College, 3-0, on Tuesday in Coast Conference Pacific division play in Aptos.
Brett de Geus took the loss for the Seahawks (26-12, 12-4) despite allowing only three hits and three walks with no earned runs and six strikeouts. Clayton Andrews tripled.
Cabrillo, which is locked into a second-place finish in the CC-P behind Ohlone, travels to Hartnell College today at 2:30 p.m.
• Scotts Valley 197, St. Francis 245 – The St. Francis High Sharks lost 197-245 to the Scotts Valley High Falcons on Tuesday in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League action at DeLaveaga Golf Course.
Scotts Valley’s Ben Edens was the medalist, firing a 36.
St. Francis’ David Vasquez shot a 42, while Izzie Mendez and Jason Kane followed with a 46 and 48.