SANTA CRUZ—A man who kidnapped, assaulted, robbed and shot his victim through the genitals last year was found guilty May 19 of aggravated mayhem, kidnapping, robbery and assault with a firearm, Santa Cruz County District Attorney Jeffrey Rosell announced.
Tilden Ball, 37, is set to be sentenced on June 8.
Prosecutors say Ball kidnapped the victim at gunpoint, and took him to a rural field where he told the victim he would be killed and buried. He then shot one time through the genitals.
Ball told police that the motive was an allegation that the victim had sexually assaulted a person with whom Ball had a close relationship.
“I am grateful with the outcome in this case,” said Assistant District Attorney Conor McCormick. “I hope this brings the victim some closure and helps with the continued healing process.”