The Cabrillo College Seahawks won their sixth straight game on Saturday, walloping Monterey Peninsula College, 15-2, in Coast Conference Pacific play.
Cabrillo (12-8, 3-0) racked up 16 hits. Cooper Krug and Nick Ciandro each hit homers. Ciandro finished 3-for-3 with two RBIs, four scored runs and two doubles to go along with his home run.
Jarius Richards, Zach Thibaut and Crug all finished with three RBIs.
Brett de Geus picked up the win after allowing three hits and striking out five in seven innings of work.
Cabrillo hosts MPC today at 2:30 p.m.
• Cabrillo splits – The Cabrillo College Seahawks split a non-league double-header with Shasta College on Saturday. Cabrillo won the first game 10-7 but dropped the second 9-8.
In the win, Angelica Marquez and Janessa Carmona both hit homers. Jamie Sugimoto, Grace Giguiere and Michaela Decker all had doubles.
In the loss, Janessa Carmona hit a pair of doubles, while Malena Cueva and Hana Lindenmuth both drove in two runs.
Cabrillo hosts Chabot College today at 3 p.m. before returning to Coast Conference South play on Thursday at Ohlone College.
• Santa Cruz 111, Iowa 108 – The Santa Cruz Warriors beat the Iowa Energy, 111-108, on Sunday night on the road to earn their sixth straight victory.
Six players scored in double-figures for Santa Cruz (25-17), which is in the thick of the playoff race and plays at Oklahoma City today at 5 p.m.
Scott Wood scored 22 points and Phil Pressey, who was named the D-League’s Performer of the Week, added a double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds, while also adding six assists.
• Seaside 7, Watsonville 3 – James Gomez Jr. and James Flota each had an RBI in Watsonville’s 7-3 Monterey Bay League Pacific division loss to Seaside on Friday at home.
Watsonville hosted Alisal on Monday night and travels to Salinas to face the Trojans on Wednesday at 4 p.m.
• Aptos 6, Del Mar 1 – Forrest Hays struck out six in Aptos’ 6-1 nonleague win over Del Mar on Friday.
Jake Keaschall was 3-for-3 with a double and four stolen bases. Hays also stole four bases and was scored two runs.
Aptos opens up Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League play today at Soquel at 4 p.m.
• MVC 6, Salinas 5 – The Monte Vista Christian Mustangs edged the Salinas Cowboys, 6-5, on Friday in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division play in Salinas.
Tyler Clark picked up the win on the mound, allowing 10 hits and five earned runs while striking out four. Jackson Collins was 2-for-4 with a homer and two scored runs. Jacob Beardsley also drove in a run for MVC (4-2, 1-2), which hosts Salinas today at 4 p.m.
• NMC 21, PV 4 – The North Monterey County Condors beat Pajaro Valley 21-4 in Monterey Bay League Pacific division play on Friday night.
• Aptos 3, Scotts Valley 0 – Jayson Guy had 11 kill, Kacey Losik added eight kills, eight digs, a block and two aces and the Aptos Mariners swept Scotts Valley on Friday in Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League action. The scores were: 25-15, 25-13, 25-13.
Noah Eitlen had eight kills and two blocks and Michael Spinelli added 18 assists.
Aptos (3-0, 2-0) hosts Mt. Madonna on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
• PCS 3, Mt. Madonna 1 – The Mt. Madonna Hawks suffered their first Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League loss on Friday night, falling to Pacific Collegiate School, 25-21, 10-25, 25-22, 25-19.
Brigg Busenhart had 21 kills and Luca Peruzzi added nine for Mt. Madonna (2-2, 1-1), which plays at Aptos on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.